Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿกย  A Family Turns Shipping Containers Into Tiny Home Compound (AARP Article)

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿกย  A Family Turns Shipping Containers Into Tiny Home Compound (AARP Article)

How One Family Reconnected With a Compound of Tiny Homes.

To be closer to family, the Bishops created a neighborhood of tiny homes on a lakefront property they found near their daughter in Alabama.

๐Ÿ“ธ  Includes a video  ๐Ÿ“ธ

Published October 03, 2023. As told to David Hochman (a contributing editor for AARP The Magazine). 

https://www.aarp.org/home-family/your-home/info-2023/bishops-tiny-home-container-compound.html

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hey Nicole,

Being an AARP member myself, I had already read this article.

I would just remind everyone that TINY HOMES come with many disadvantages, especially for the senior citizen. The bedrooms are sometimes accessible only with ladders, securing homeowner's insurance can sometimes be difficult, those that are claustrophobic may not be comfortable in their own home, it is sometimes difficult finding a place to situate the TINY HOME, and finally, these homes are usually built with products inferior to those used for a regular home.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP