Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Reentering the world of work after working at a place for over 26 years

Conversationalist

Reentering the world of work after working at a place for over 26 years

Now here is what I was thinking. I worked at a place for 26 years and they didn't mind seeing a guy on hand while the hair was turning grey.  There are times when some jobs in a hospital can be quite a challenge when we get old.  Our bones inside our body sometimes don't want to cooperate with us.  Sometimes our muscles want to talk stupid.  

I have seen some videos that we really have to be on our toes when it comes to a resume as sometimes the best way to hide our age is to make it look though if we have less experience like no more than 15 years.  But I wonder if a guy like me at the age of 62, since I had a 26-year history working at a hospital, if I put on my resume that I have had 26 years working at a hospital would be dangerous to seeking a new career.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Trusted Contributor

I think they'd be proud of your dedication to a profession and place of employment. I wouldn't hesitate to put that on your resume. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP