Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

No one wants to train me I'm old.

I have been at my job since 2021. I started at the bottom, using handheld scanners, & worked my way up, now I have my own work station with a computer. I am 52 & have office experience. My company uses D365. I have never used D365. I was only trained in the bare minimum of the shipping/receiving process. Now, accounting needs me to adjust receipts for invoicing purposes. I do not know how to do this.

I work with 18 to 30 year olds  I am a rarity. I ask for help, they just laugh & make smart remarks. Ive spoken to my supervisor & manager, they too do the same. 

I am stuck. Anyone here have experience in the retail mainly in receiving  that uses D365 F& O?

Kudos
Views
Replies
Trusted Social Butterfly

Look to your local library for computer help or at the Senior Ctr. they usually offer help on the computers or your state college may offer computer literacy courses to improve your skills or go on you tube and see if there's a tutorial to help you in your quest..I can't understand why others don't want to help unless they're afraid of being replaced..Good Luck and go it alone to prove to yourself that you can do it!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Perhaps looking elsewhere where a company appreciates your experience will be willing to help you is in order. It worked for myself. I stayed until something came up while doing what was asked of me before I left. 

The supervisor doesn't seem to be one to work for. You deserve better. 

Contributor

Thank you. I have been looking for something else. Its been hard. I'm thankful I have this one. Allot of companies do not embrace Gen Xers. We get turned down or ran off. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP