Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

the new Hartford car rates!!

i have a long clean and accident free driving record since 1967.....last year thru the hartfod/aarp i was paying $669.00 a year...and my driving...i am now 74...is about 1-2 hours a week! so what would you think about car insurance?....well....the Hartford thinks i should pay $969.00 a year! A $330.00 INCREASE!!!!...i know most of us oldies do not drive as much as we did when were were all working...but...its obvious...THE HARTFORD is using the aarp /"partenership" to rape every old person in this country! remember the "big S.S.increase we all got 2 years ago...the hartford ceo needs that money for another mansion...yacht...or island......the solution is easy: drop the insurance and eat again!

;;;;;;;;;;;;screw the law!!!;;;;;;;;;;;

0 Kudos
Contributor

I I have neen with AARP and the Hartford for many years.  I have paid over $40k in premiums over the years.   My wife backed into a parked car at Walmart, dented a door  Hartford said they paid out $3400   My new premium is up 96%.    By the way if you have hail damage to your roof Hartford has a 5% deductible   so they pay nothion for a new roof.    Buy somewhere else!!!!

Periodic Contributor

AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization that helps people 50+ have independence, choice, and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and to society as a whole"......in other words...aarp is nothing more than an overpaid "go-between"...DUMP THEM NOW!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hartford Financial Services Group's CEO is Chris Swift, appointed in Jul 2014, has a tenure of 9.75 years. total yearly compensation is $16.41M, comprised of 7.3% salary and 92.7% bonuses, including company stock and options.

"MUST BE TOUGH...RAISE SOME RATES....BUY ANOTHER MANSION!"

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@PhillC37239 

Try AMICA - they are owned by the policyholder.

Clark Howard.com - 11/15/2023 - AMICA - 10 Thinks to know Before you Get a Policy

You can even choose between a dividend policy (and good dividends)  or a traditional policy (no dividends). 

from the link ~

Founded in 1907, Amica Mutual Insurance Company is the โ€œoldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the country.โ€ And the company has built a reputation of providing great customer service and easy claims processes for their customers. This might be one reason why Amica reports that 33% of their customers have been insured with them for more than 20 years!

More at the link ~

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP