Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Any advice from Americans who have moved elsewhere?

Regular Social Butterfly

Any advice from Americans who have moved elsewhere?

I'm researching other countries for US retirees relocation; Iceland seems most possible but would appreciate any advice on other locations.

Also, any life experiences outside the US regarding lifestyle, acceptance, local customs...

Thank you in advance!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”

My husband and I left the United States 10 years ago. When we retired, we moved to the country of Belize English-speaking easy to understand expensive on the tourist zones for homes cheaper over on the mainland, but we would do it all over again, and again people are kinder there’s more community spirit People say good morning. Good afternoon and good night never had an issue. 

Regular Social Butterfly

Wow, Lynn! That's exactly the info I was seeking (language, community, experience)! I never considered Belize, but am researching as we write!

Thank you so very, very much! Perhaps we'll be "neighbors" some day!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Thanks, Eric, for the kudo; please anyone post reply with thoughts/experiences?

Thank you in advance!

#VegasStrong
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP