Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Community Manager
Community Manager

No Instant Win on 5/4/2024

We wanted to give you a heads up that we will not be launching a new Instant Win on Saturday, May 4, 2024. The next new Instant Win will launch on Sunday, May 5, 2024

AARPTeri
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPTeri  Thanks for the heads up.  On occasion, I'm still having difficulty with the "first" Instant Win game that I play for the day.  I get the message that it is taking "longer than usual" to load, but the transaction is confirmed.  When I go back to try to play the game, I get the message that I have already played and points deducted even though I didn't get to play the game.  There appears to be loading issues with the first game I attempt to play.  Hope tech support can address this issue that has been happening since this new format of Instant Win games started.  Thanks in advance.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Elsewhere on this Rewards forum, I posted a solution to the "First-Try Failure" problem with Instant Wins, and it's worked for me pretty consistently. I've pasted-in the text below so folks don't have to go looking for the original thread:

Try this: Enter a regular sweepstakes for "1 Entry" BEFORE you try any of the Instant Wins. This will cost you as little as 100 points, and you'll invariably get this error message: "Sorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays in your point redemption, but your transaction is confirmed. Please check your transaction history in a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience."

Next, play your Instant Wins and they should go through without that dreaded "Unable to process request" error message. This is the only work-around I've been able to successfully use on a consistent basis. I'm not sure why my method works, but I'll continue using it because I have no faith that AARP Admin or tech staff will fix the root problem.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Unable-to-process-request-error-on-redemption/m-p/2540159#M...

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks @garyfish49 for the "workaround" to avoid the dreaded error message, however, AARP should make their tech people fix these errors.  We shouldn't have to waste our time to work around these errors.  Personally, I am not a fan of the "new" Instant Win format and much prefer the old Instant Win games.  The errors and changes on the AARP site gives tech support job security, so I suppose errors will not be addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Gary! @garyfish49

Thanks so much for your posts! Iโ€™ve been missing them since the last one in April 2nd! I had to chuckle at this one from 04-01-2024 โ€œAbout a month ago, I posted a solution to this long-standing problem that has worked for me pretty consistently...

and that's no April Fool's!!โ€ <<<<<<< HAHAHA

Anyway...From me...way back... โ€œSeriously tho...you have also made significant contributions in a variety of ways...& have been as long as Iโ€™ve known you, &...You speak out for many others here...who for whatever reason...do not join in to add their comments, & be of help...We gotta keep on trying...even when there seems to be no hope at all!โ€

Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site! LOL!Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site! LOL!

Just another day in paradise...eh? LOL!

Anyway...as always..

Take care my friend Gary!

โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ๐ŸŒ„  ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ  ๐ŸŽจ

Regular Contributor

I have the exact same problem 2-3 times a week ๐Ÿ˜ž

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi  @AARPTeri ...thanks for the updates...

& also for all the help & support you continuously provide us!

That said....I just entered 2 IWs & they both worked...although the end result...as expected....was not what I was hoping for...LOL!

>>>> โ€œSorry you didnโ€™t win!โ€

Anyway....Take care!

~Allen

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP