Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Honored Social Butterfly

REST IN PEACE ROSALYNN CARTER

One of the most active First Ladies in history passed away today. She set the bar high for future First Ladies such as Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama. Prior to Mrs. Carter, many First Ladies acted as figureheads and hostesses, with the exception of Eleanor Roosevelt. Mrs. Carter took on the problems of mental illness and other major issues and actively represented the need for change. She will be missed.

Sadly, I have witnessed several extra long term marriages such as hers and President Carter's. In almost all cases, when one spouse passed, the other passed within weeks, even days.

Kudos
Views
Replies
Regular Social Butterfly

Rosalynn Carter 

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

โ€œDo what you can to show you care about other people, and you will make our world a better place.โ€

11192023 NPS Lego Vignettes Rosalynn Carter.png

[source: Facebook]

Wasn't that long ago that you wrote this!  โคต๏ธ

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL SOON BE GRIEVING FOR THE CARTERS 

@nctarheel wrote โ€Ž05-31-2023 04:12 PM:

I think Jimmy Carter is soon to pass on. He has probably been one of the most caring and productive EX-PRESIDENTS that this country has ever had.

I said "CARTERS" in the title because with a marriage as long as theirs, with a connection that has lasted over seven decades, one spouse passes and then, within days or even hours, the remaining spouse joins them. I have seen this happen a multitude of times.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP