Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Delta Dental Incompetence

I am still attempting to get my wife added as a dependent on my Delta Dental policy.  This started in November of last year - it is now May 1.

In November of 2023, I contacted the Delta Dental customer advocate about adding my wife as a dependent.  They required an affidavit from the former company that we were cancelling the former policy and a cover letter with all pertinent information - and also required that the documents be SNAIL-MAILED to a processing address.  I did all of this.

All that they did was change the name on the policy to hers.  With my birthdate.  This caused the premium notices to carry her name, so I thought that the request had been completed.

This January, when I discovered the mistake, I began a conversation with another Delta Customer Advocate named Ladoris Walker.  She was very nice and it sounded like the situation was well in hand.  It turns out, though, that all she could do was issue requests to Delta.  I'm not even sure that she is an employee.  Anyway - she required the SAME documentation all over again, this time accepting it via email, and she submitted the request.

They ended up adding a dependent alright.  It was a person that I never heard of and not even close to my wifes name or birthdate.  Getting THAT person off of the policy took close to 2 weeks, and, according to Ladoris, she was the one who stopped that dependent coverage.

She submitted another request to add my wife. That was 10 days ago with no action.  The policy still only has me as the primary with no dependents, even thoug I submitted the required paperwork and went through Delta's contact protocol.

In spite of the politeness of the Customer Advocate, It is THE worst customer service experiences that I have ever experienced.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. You can resolve the issue with Delta Dental, escalate the matter by contacting a higher authority within the company, or use their official complaint channels. Keep records of all communications for reference.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP