Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Trusted Social Butterfly

Making AI Art

I have had the most fun in my recent life by playing with a free program called "Stable Diffusion." It converts text to images or changes an image assisted by text. What it can do is amazing! I took a photo of a famous painting, The Street, by Balthus, and randomly changed it in progressively increasing amounts. Amazingly, the AI retained the artist's style without me even asking it to! This is the original (first), followed by increasingly different results:

OriginalOriginalSlightly differentSlightly differentFairly differentFairly differentDifferentDifferentMore differentMore differentMost different but retains artist's styleMost different but retains artist's style

Contributor

The evolution of AI in creating art is absolutely thrilling! The ability of AI to produce visually stunning and intellectually profound artwork by learning from vast datasets is a testament to the boundless creativity that technology can offer. It's fascinating how AI can interpret and manifest artistic concepts that were once solely the domain of human creativity. The key to this incredible capability is data labeling, which involves meticulously tagging thousands of pieces of artwork and styles. This detailed labeling process trains AI models to understand different artistic elements and techniques, enabling them to generate unique and captivating art pieces. It's a brilliant fusion of technology and traditional artistry, opening up new horizons for creative expression!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP