Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

prescription drugs

i have read that the federal government has lowered out of pocket for blood  cancer drugs to $2,000 per year but when my wife needed calquence from astra zeneca i was told my co-pay would be $3,300 per month. astra zeneca waived that for 2024, but i will be faced with that co-pay next year.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

The maximum out of pocket to $ 2000 per year on a Part D plan does not start until 2025.

Read HER Part D plan for 2024 - if it doesn’t fit the need for next year, she can switch plans during Open Enrollment in the fall.

If she is getting infusion chemo then that is covered by Part B and not Part D - 

So what is her Medicare plan of choice?  Medicare Advantage with a Prescription Drug program attached OR Original Medicare with a free-standing prescription drug plan?

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna

View solution in original post

Community Concierge

@KrisN47853  I'm sorry to hear about your wife! Here is the list of the first 10 drugs Medicare will lower the price on, along with the future drug information: https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/info-2023/medicare-releases-drug-price-negotiations-l... Take care!  Jodee R.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The maximum out of pocket to $ 2000 per year on a Part D plan does not start until 2025.

Read HER Part D plan for 2024 - if it doesn’t fit the need for next year, she can switch plans during Open Enrollment in the fall.

If she is getting infusion chemo then that is covered by Part B and not Part D - 

So what is her Medicare plan of choice?  Medicare Advantage with a Prescription Drug program attached OR Original Medicare with a free-standing prescription drug plan?

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP