Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Too Many Calls

Is there a way to stop unwanted calls from WellMed? They call 2 or 3 times a week (using different phone numbers) and it's driving me crazy. I feel this way, if I need something or have a question, I'll call them.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

WELLMED is a group of medical providers - doctors - they work with Medicare health plans and with original Medicare - you should find out who they are in regards to you and your medical care.

Check your Medicare Insurance Card (UHC Medicare Advantage) - WellMed could be your provider of physician services - in Florida.  The back of your card should say (see the link below for an example of the MA card)

UHC - Medicare Advantage - Florida WELLMED - 

page 2 for example of card.

OR if you have Original  Medicare, they may be your Accountable Care Organization (ACO) - in this case, check with your PCP (primary care doctor) to because they would know if you are in their ACO.

WellMed ACO 

Either way, you should be able to find out why they are calling - most likely to set you with an appointment - especially if you are new to Medicare or new to a UHC MA plan

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP