Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Please reconsider support of United Healthcare

Contributor

Please reconsider support of United Healthcare

I must register my feedback on your long standing promotion of United Healthcare's Med Advantage plans. I work in healthcare, specifically rehab therapy. I have seen first hand the devastating affect Med Advantage plans have had on the quality of care of my patients. Med Advantage plans are often owned by private equity firms that are profit rather than patient centered. Patient stays are cut short for financial reasons when patients are unsafe to return home. Appeals are constantly being filed; some accepted, most denied. And United Healthcare denials in rural hospitals are closing down scarce resources in communities that are already struggling to find care. How is this responsible, AARP? PLEASE rethink your stand on this issue.

Community Concierge

We're sorry to hear you’re having trouble with UnitedHealthcare, @CynthiaM480727. We are listening and would like the chance to help as soon as possible. Please visit https://help.aarp.org/s/article/contact-aarp to chat, text, or speak with a representative who can get you in touch with our Member Relations team. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This post is NOT about UHC per se, the OP was speaking in general about her views on MA plans -

If you need any other proof that this @AARPConsumerCare is just a bot response - just look at this response to the OP.

Really, AARP, at least have the decency to sign it as a BOT - 

AI at work here.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Esteemed Social Butterfly

[comment deleted by poster]

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

So you thought it really was a WHOLE TEAM - If that is the case, it seems they should at least read the original post (OP) and respond to it appropriately-  rather this response seems to be triggered by the [whatever branded partner name] used as an example in the OP

Do you really think the ConsumerCare Bot is gonna discuss the pros and cons of Medicare Advantage plans (any of them) with the OP making this point.😂

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I believe that seniors pick Medicare Advantage plans based on their pocketbook - They are over the income limits where Medicaid might be their secondary payer.  Yet they cannot afford the monthly premiums of Medigap plans that escalate overtime,

So how long do you think a senior with only Original Medicare would be able to stay in rehab if they were having to pay MORE out of pocket than under managed care?  

Medicare Advantage plans are an option for seniors who find themselves under such financial restraints.  Even the picking between plans is a financial consideration.  

BTW, if a beneficiary does not like a particular Medicare Advantage plan they can switch every year during open enrollment or even more often sometimes - 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP