Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

My post was ‘deactivated’ for no reason.

My post was ‘deactivated’ for no reason.

I just posted a reply to the article about what to buy at estate sales, telling about what I look for at those (dollhouse miniatures) and my post appeared ‘deactivated’ right away. Why??? There is no way my reply violates any terms, it doesn’t contain personal info or anything offensive, so what is the problem?

Periodic Contributor

The guidelines for deactivating replies made to articles are in need of clarification and detail.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

just happened to me, first tine ever

Periodic Contributor

Just happened to me for the first time, too!  No explanation was given other than my comment violated comment guideline rules. I checked the guidelines, and nothing at all in my comment violated any of the rules listed.  I didn't criticize, use bad language or accuse another commenter, etc.  My comment was simply a tip I had found helpful regarding skincare for women over 50.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@isabel-1 

Did you give a product name?  Perhaps a website for it?  What board were you attempting to post your comment on?

Didn’t see it but maybe they [the bot] thought you were an advertiser since you have only made a few  post under this user name.  Just a guess.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I referred to a brand-name product as did several others who replied to the article. I made no mention of the website nor did I provide a link.  My reply was to an article regarding skin care products featured in the Beauty & Style category. I've been replying to posts under this username for years. Ah, well, "It's Always Something..." Thanks for the laugh and your help!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@isabel-1 

It seems you were trying to post a comment to the actual articles - sorry, I cannot help you with that one -  different place than here. 

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/style-trends/info-2024/new-skin-care-products-to-try.html 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@isabel-1 wrote:

I've been replying to posts under this username for years

====================

Your profile does not indicate this - there are only (5) post showing and all of these are on this same subject.

Your Profile page - 

https://community.aarp.org/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4885771 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

As John McAfee said, "Our mobile phones have become the greatest spy on the planet."  I'm unsure whether to be flattered or concerned about your interest in my profile.  I would agree with AARP's data in my profile, but then, we'd both be wrong.

0 Kudos

That just happened to a response I posted. Stated "Content Deactivated - Why?". I can't click on the comment to see what it means. My Google search took me here to your question. Hopefully, we get a response soon.

Periodic Contributor

Same thing with me. I can't click on my comment to see what it means or find the specific reason why it was deactivated.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP