Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš˜ Car Safety Features That Help Older Drivers (AARP Article)

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš˜ Car Safety Features That Help Older Drivers (AARP Article)

FROM THE ARTICLE - SEE ARTICLE FOR MORE!

5 Car Safety Systems Older Drivers Should Not Skip.

Older drivers are among the safer drivers. But car safety tech can still help you stay injury-free.

By John R. Quain, AARP. Published May 02, 2024.

With more older drivers on the road than ever before, experts were concerned there would be more accidents. But the truth ended up being much different. Older drivers are actually some of the safer drivers, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

โ€œWith aging boomers, we were worried that crashes and fatalities would increase, but we didnโ€™t see that happen,โ€ says Aimee Cox, research associate at the nonprofit Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

*** USE LINK AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST TO READ THIS ARTICLE *** [1] Then enter Email Address you used to sign in to use This Site.   [2] Then enter the password you use.   [3] Lastly, there are 3 LETTERS that will "pop up" as their SECURITY CHECK. Enter those.   [4] Then click log in.

https://www.aarp.org/auto/car-maintenance-safety/car-safety-features/

0 Kudos

[1] Does your car have Safety Features?

[2] If yes, do you feel they help with your Safety?

[3] Stop by to add a comment and/or READ comments from OTHERS.

Thanks,

Nicole  โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ตโ€Œ

0 Kudos

I own a 2006 Hyundai Elantra, so NO Safety Features.

I am okay with this as I NO longer drive alot since retiring in 2020.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

And to DECREASE my chances of being run over [I do the Speed Limit], I try to do all my driving during the week when folks are working.  ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks,

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

You should have air bags in your Elantra. 

Lol, well it says it does @Tempest332 . I guess I will find out IF I get into an accident.

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

You should have air bags in your Elantra. ***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP