Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Trusted Contributor

INSTANT WINNER & SWEEPSTAKES

I was looking at the Instant Winner and Sweepstakes categories this morning and there isn't ONE that is for members only.  Exactly what is our membership paying for in regards to these supposedly perks? Everybody and his brother have the ability to participate!  The odds of winning anything is about slim to none!  Being a paid member doesn't seem to have any benefits. ☹️

Community Concierge

Thanks for your feedback, @hatfield6549. We keep updating our catalog. AARP Members receive an additional number of Rewards Points for most completed activities or may be offered special points earning opportunities. In addition, AARP Members will have access to exclusive items in the Rewards Catalog. You can always check the AARP Rewards Terms and Conditions for more information: https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/rewards-terms-and-conditions?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=13121250914 - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I think you missed the point. Those of us who have paid for membership are not getting any advantage in access to Instant Wins or Sweepstakes that we would enjoy if some were 'Members Only'. Only the newest members may not know that we get extra Reward Points for being a member; the rest of us are well aware of this. However, those extra Reward Points are necessary to compete with those non-members playing the Instant Wins and Sweepstakes. Those extra points do not increase our odds of winning where 'Members Only' Instant Games would. I suppose one could argue that our odds of winning a Sweepstakes increases as members could afford more entries. Many of us gave up on Sweepstakes a long time ago as they are expensive point wise with no reward or very little return on investment if a person in lucky enough to win one a year. 

Community Concierge

Hi BeachGirl23! Be sure when you sign in, you go to Members Only. There are no members only sweepstakes showing at this time, but does not mean there will not be any later. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Whole heartedly agree.  I have been a member since 1999 and have yet to win a sweepstakes. Instant Wins have been few and far between. Members only still the step children!

Gold Conversationalist

Hey @hatfield6549

Thanks for the topic!

I had to go look because I thought surely...there must be more...not doubting you...but seeing just what is there...which is basically nothing!

ONLY ONE.....measly at that...that is for members only!ONLY ONE.....measly at that...that is for members only!

And there is ONLY ONE.....measly at that...that is for members only!

This is typical of the downward spiral of this shell of what the program has been before...& there hasn’t even been something to use for points only for many days now...so I’ve wasted a lot of time coming back & seeing if there isn’t anything....anything... to use points for!

ITREALLYSUXSRIGHTNOW!! AMIRIGHT??!! LOL!!

Anyway...as always take care!

☮️  🌄~Allen 🌈  🎨

Super Contributor

I don't think I've ever seen any Instant Wins or Sweepstakes be for members only, but I've only been a member for a few years, so I don't know if things were different before then.  The only things I've seen labeled "members only" are some of the gift cards, either for points or daily deals or discount purchase.  Also some of the earn activities are for members only.  So there is some benefit in the rewards program for being an AARP member.  If those slight benefits aren't enough for someone to join AARP, then I guess they need to decide if there are other reasons to be an AARP member besides the rewards program.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP