Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Trusted Contributor

FITBIT Points not awarded

Is AARP no longer rewarding points for trackers reaching 30 miles each week?

For the past 3 weeks, I've exceeded the 30 miles and not received any points. I typically meet that goal at the end of the week = Saturday).  I received points for 5K and 10K steps for each one of the last 3 Saturdays, so I know AARP was connecting to my Fitbit - AARP has FULL PERMISSIONS to my tracker.

Please advise. 

Thank you,

Linda

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@LindaJoy53  I had the same thing happen to me. I went to the Fitbit app on my phone and found that my tracker did not sync for about two weeks. I synced it and a little while later, the points for all the missing days showed up in my Rewards transaction history. So….make sure your tracker has synced.  Good luck.

I reread your post and please forgive me if I misread.  If you got 10k steps on three Saturdays, I do not believe it adds up to 30 miles.  For me, 1 mile is about 2000-2200 steps.  So 30 miles is between 60k and 66k steps in a week or average almost 4.5 miles (or about 10k steps) every day of the week.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for trying to help. To clarify, I had several thousand steps throughout each of the last 3 weeks which exceeded the 30 miles for the weekly 30 mile reward - and I was awarded points each day of those weeks when I reached 5K and 10K steps. The reason I mentioned  getting awarded the steps on Saturdays was to confirm that my Fitbit was OBVIOUSLY synced on that particular day of the week since Saturday, being the last day of each Fitbit week, is typically the day the 30 miles goal is reached and rewarded.

I am in the habit of of checking each day to ensure Fitbit points are awarded since I am aware that occasionally the app doesn't sync, and that is the first thing AARP questions when you report not getting points - been doing this for at least 5 years now.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

The lack of response is not appreciated.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP